Connect to RDAC- MacOS
Video Note: Steps 1-5 below are not shown in the video as they are not necessary in newer versions of MacOS.
RDAC URL: https://cengwts.calpoly.edu/rdweb/Feed/webfeed.aspx
- Open the “App Store”.
- Search for “Microsoft Remote Desktop”.
- Click on “Free”.
- Click on “Install App”.
- If you are asked for your apple ID and password, enter it, and click continue.
- When it’s installed, click on “Open”.
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop. The first time you run it you may see a dialog box. Click “Don’t show this again”, then click “Close”.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop app window will open. Click the “plus” box in the top left and select “Add Workspace”.
- In the URL Field, type “https://cengwts.calpoly.edu/rdweb/Feed/webfeed.aspx”, then use your Cal Poly portal username and password. calpoly\username
- Click “Refresh”. You should see a success message similar to the one below.
- Close the Remote Resources dropdown. You should see all the apps you are permitted to access.
- Double click an application to launch.
- Click “Do not ask again for connections to this computer, as indicated below”.
To access your local machine’s files in the applications:
- Click the settings gear in the top left corner of the application.
- Click on the drop down beneath “If folder redirection is enabled for RDP files or managed resources, redirect: “and select “Change Folder”.
- Make sure your home directory (or whichever directory you choose) is selected, then click “choose”:
- When connected to an application, you can access this directory by selecting “Network” when saving/loading and selecting “TSCLIENT”.